“When should I open my pool?” is the age old question we sometimes forget to ask.
Most people say, ” I’m not going to swim until Memorial Day, why should I open my pool before the first of May?”. There are several reasons that come to mind.
- Once the temperature is above 60 degrees, your pool starts to grow algae. The longer it grows the harder it is to kill.
- Killing algae requires chemicals. The larger the algae bloom in your pool the more chemicals it takes to get rid of it.
- More chemicals and additional trips from your service provider equal more cash.
- By opening early, less chemicals and trips are necessary initially. The amount of chemicals to maintain your pool for the additional 1- 2 months usually cost less than waiting to open in May.
- The best reason of all is that you are ready to swim whenever you like.
- Our March-April openings are booking up, so call today to reserve your opening. Call 256-582-4050 today!